School Bus Driver
Applicants with Class 1 or 2 Driver's License and S Endorsement will be fast tracked; applicants with a Class 5 driver's license will be accepted for our extended Class 2 training program.
Why You Should Choose SOUTHLAND
SOUTHLAND offers an opportunity that is always exciting and allows for routine. We offer free personalized training, competitive wages, bonuses, and flexibility within your personal life. Both regular and spare positions available.
• Part-time hours, 4-6 hours a day. Perfect for a stay-at-home parent, entrepreneur, or retiree!
• Free Class 2 training
• Competitive wages – up to $100/day, with the opportunity to earn more by taking on additional routes
• Bring up to two preschool-aged children to work with you
• Referral and Safety bonuses
• Summers, weekends, and holidays off
• Opportunity for advancement
• Employee recognition programs
• Recognition as a community hero who helps to ensure everyone gets Safely Home
SOUTHLAND Transportation is seeking dedicated School Bus Drivers to join our team! Drivers are responsible for safely transporting students on a daily basis and must be committed to safety and customer service.
As a Spare School Bus Driver, you will work on a casual, part-time basis where you must be available to drive any route on any given school day. When assigned to a route as a spare you may drive for approximately 2 hours in the morning and/or 2 hours in the afternoon. You will be assigned a route that falls between the hours of 6:30 am - 9:30 am in the morning and between 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm in the evening. Drivers work during the school year and are given time off in July and August.
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• No weekends
• Valid Class 1 or 2 drivers with S endorsement or Class 5 (Non-GDL) driver's license (FREE Class 2 training provided).
• 10-year driver's abstract
• 4 or less demerits, with a relatively clean driver abstract
• Clear Criminal Record