McMan is a not-for-profit agency that has been operating since 1975. McMan provides a range of comprehensive programs across Alberta. Earning a sound reputation from success stories and positive relationships, McMan has become well known for being a responsive, highly competent, and innovative partner in service delivery. A diverse range of programs and services are accessible through local offices across Alberta to anyone who needs help. We believe that help from someone who cares should never be out of reach.
Our Collaborative Service Delivery Program located in Drumheller is seeking a:
Full-Time Family Intervention Worker
CSD (Collaborative Service Delivery), is a contracted partnership between The Ministry of Children and Family Services and McMan that utilizes the Signs of Safety® approach to improve outcomes for children and families. Entry for clients into this program is through referral only from The Ministry. Families and children in need of intervention and additional support are given services to reduce risk factors, maintain safety and increase well-being. With the primary goal of child safety. CSD is focused on keeping families together and improving outcomes.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Diploma or Degree in the Human Services field and minimum 2 years human services experience
- Proof of Membership in Professional Association (when applicable)
- Knowledge of parent/child relationships and family dynamics
- Standard First Aid – Level C CPR, Suicide Intervention Training & De-Escalation Training
- Intervention Record Check & Criminal Record Check with the vulnerable sector
- Class 5 Driver’s License, Clean Drivers Abstract and reliable vehicle for client transportation.
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act
- Knowledge and experience within the Signs of Safety framework would be an asset.
- Preferred experience in the CS System
- Supporting children and families through a strengths-based approach
- Coaching and mentoring parents
- Facilitating family connections and parenting time
- Linking children and families with support networks
- Supporting family group conferencing and family find
- Close coordination and collaboration with multifaceted case team
- Increase overall family well-being.
Benefits: McMan promotes the wellbeing of our employees, promoting flexibility, health, and wellness, as well as an excellent benefit package that includes extended health care, dental, vision as well a 100% employer contribution pension after 6 months.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week. A flexible schedule is required with availability to work evenings and weekends to meet client needs.
Please Quote Competition No: CSD-DRUM-09-14-23
Competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
We thank all that apply. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.
McMan is Committed to the Principles of Employment Equity
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Drumheller, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you willing to work some evenings and weekends to meet client needs?
- Human Services: 2 years (required)
- Diploma or Degree in Human Services (required)
- Police Check with the vulnerable sector (required)
- Intervention Record Check (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person