JOB POSTING: Kitchen Team Member
Company: Rosebud Theatre & School of the Arts
Effective: March 18, 2024, or until a suitable candidate is found
Accountability: Reports to Chef Mo Syed
Position: Part-time casual or regular hours
Hours: Weekend and evening work will be required
Remuneration: Wage based on training and experience
Location: On-site in Rosebud, Alberta
Training: On-the-job training is provided
Summary: Join a team of dedicated hospitality and theatre professionals who are passionate about great theatre, training young artists and enriching lives.
Have you ever wanted to spend some time working in the tiny arts village of Rosebud? With a population of less than 100, Rosebud is one-hour north-east of Calgary, and is nestled in the Rosebud River valley. Home to the famous Rosebud Theatre, this little hamlet normally draws 30,000 – 35,000 people each year to its Opera
House productions, full of music, great food, warm hospitality, and fabulous stories! The core of Rosebud’s mission is “To Enrich Lives”, so therefore teamwork, a servant’s heart and a positive attitude is utmost for all positions.
Reporting to the Head Chef this position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all guests, visitors and staff. Anyone interested in these exciting opportunities should apply with a resume and cover letter to Head Chef Mo Syed (firstname.lastname@example.org). In your cover letter, let us know why this position may be a good fit for you and what you hope to bring to the community of Rosebud.
Responsible for other related duties as required, including but not limited to:
- Work according to menu specifications, in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas
- Operate individual stations within the kitchen, under the supervision of kitchen leadership.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure is required.
- Follow and ensure compliance with safe food handling policies, including personal hygiene procedures.
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to leadership.
- Protecting company assets and ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Supporting our employee culture, speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other departments.
- Support your team to reach common goals, ensuring adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Food Safe Course is required.
- Minimum 1 year of commercial cooking or professional kitchen experience is an asset.
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as outlined, including physical activities such as standing, walking, bending, stretching, lifting and moving heavy objects up to 50lbs on occasion, and up to 35lbs regularly.
- Must be free of allergies or related conditions which may be aggravated by work with detergents, soaps and chemicals regularly used in the department.
What we offer our valued staff:
- Staff perks and discounts! Free meal per full shift.
- Supplemental pay i.e. Tips.
- Ongoing mentorship to support personal and professional goals.
- Fun, team-driven environment and inclusive community.
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate your personal and family needs.
- On-Site Parking
If you're interested in a company that rewards you for your dedication and commitment, then Rosebud Theatre & School of the Arts is the right place to establish your career!
The mission of Rosebud School of the Arts is about enriching lives by expressing God’s gifts of creativity, hope, joy, forgiveness, and love through the arts. We believe that every person is created in the image of God and that all of humanity reflects different facets of God's character. We believe that all fall short of reflecting God’s true spirit, but we also believe in the promise of redemption for all.Within this context, RSA strives to honour and respect the diverse cultures, languages, abilities, and perspectives that each staff member brings to the organization.
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes the humanity of our students, staff, contract instructors, guest artists, board members, donors, and patrons. RSA is committed to providing a supportive work and educational environment where the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion are trained, fostered, and intentionally practiced. Through conscious reflection, and deliberate action and discussion at all levels, we aim to create a culture of care and safety where diversity can flourish.
All personnel policies related to employment – including hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, job assignments, transfers, lay-offs, return from lay-offs, company sponsored programs or events, etc. – will be implemented without discrimination toward race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, family status, age, language, or national origin.
RSA is committed to recruiting and retaining a group of diverse, qualified staff members who advance RSA’s mission in their respective vocations. Through a fair and equitable hiring process, RSA considers the qualifications and values of each candidate as the primary criteria upon which hiring and promotion decisions are made.