1) Clean and maintain the Atlas’ public buildings and property. Including mopping, dusting, washroom cleaning/supply
upkeep, sweeping, sanitizing, lawn care (including the use of lawnmowers and weed whippers), litter removal, painting, ditch
maintenance, and rail track maintenance. As necessary, work will be done in compliance with the Standards and Guidelines
for the Conservation of Historic Places document.
2) Keep a clean, safe, and welcoming workspace.
3) Complete work logs and work with plans.
4) As we are a small team at the Atlas, assisting others with tasks may be required throughout the job term.
Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies:
- Basic first aid certification
- CSA-approved steel-toed footwear
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- A positive, flexible and caring attitude
- Ability to effectively take direction
- Ability to work unsupervised as necessary
- Previous experience with hand/power tools and lawn equipment
- An interest in Drumheller Valley history!
We thrive in a diverse work environment and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We warmly encourage applicants from
equity groups (such as Indigenous youth, youth with disabilities, visible minorities, members of the LGBTQ2+ community, and new
Work Environment and Compensation:
The Atlas is an outdoor historic industrial site in a rural location. All site buildings are designated historic resources. Work conditions
can be challenging at times, due to the nature of the site and the Drumheller environment (extreme heat during the summer, difficult
local terrain, historic buildings). The job requires working mostly outdoors over rough terrain, crouching, stretching, and lifting up to
Summer maintenance staff will work a rotating schedule, including weekends. Outdoor collections technician will work 37.5 hours a
week, and hours per week will not normally exceed 44.
Rate of pay is $17.00/hour. The post term is from the beginning of May through Sept 5, 2022.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Jay Russel (Curator): email@example.com. Applications will be
reviewed until position is filled.