Full job Description
Accountability: Reports directly to the Executive Director
Position: Half-time position (waged or contract) with the possibility of expanding the role to a salaried position based on skill set.
Hours: 15 – 25 hours/week on average.
Location: Work takes place on-site in Rosebud, Alberta and on the road to school, fairs, and education events. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
Join a team of hard-working individuals who are passionate about theatre, training young artists, and presenting stories that illustrate the beauty and complexity of life through an inclusive grace-filled perspective. Rosebud School of the Arts (RSA) strives to inspire students to become catalysts for transformation in our world. Our core purpose is to enrich lives by offering grace and understanding through the art of storytelling, the practice of mentorship, and the gift of hospitality.
RSA is looking for a talented, self-motivated person to join their Education Team! This position requires a responsible individual who is great with people, happy to answer questions, knowledgeable about RSA’s mission & programs, and is an efficient and competent problem solver.
The ideal candidate is a team player, pays attention to detail, sees upcoming needs and takes appropriate action, and is competent in setting up and working with systems. Strong software skills are a definite asset.
The Recruitment Officer works closely with the Education Director, Registrar, Head of Acting, and the Student Life Advisor. They will be a member of the Education Team and the Marketing Team (as it relates to Education marketing).
Living in the Rosebud area is extremely helpful as hours can be irregular. While the work averages 15 – 25 hours/week, some weeks will require more or less hours, based on time of year and workload, and should average 20 hours/week over the year. Additional RSA duties could be added to this position to enable more hours or potentially a full-time salaried position. This is dependent on the needs of the organization and the individual’s skill set. Please ask if this is of interest to you.
- Explore and facilitate outreach opportunities for the Rosebud School of the Arts brand
- Recruit prospective applicants to all programs offered by RSA
- Oversee and manage student application procedures, and where necessary, create new and more efficient recruitment systems
- Complete on-going recruitment related administrative tasks in a consistent and timely manner with close attention to detail and accuracy
- Participate as a member of the Marketing Team in areas pertaining to RSA
- Student quotas are met or exceeded for all programs
- Inquiries, applications, and admissions are processed effectively and efficiently
- RSA and its programs are accurately represented in all marketing materials
- Potential recruitment opportunities are actively explored and pursued
- Prospective students and their families are treated respectfully throughout the recruitment process
- Prospective student inquiries are dealt with accurately and in a timely manner
- Efficient and accurate inter-departmental communication
- Accurate and timely reporting
- Post-secondary education, related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and administrative skills
- Ability to take initiative, be resourceful, and solve problems
- High comfort level with MS Office
- Strong networking skills
- Aptitude for engaging with prospective students in a patient, positive manner in keeping with Rosebud’s mission and brand
- Student database management is an asset
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Comfortable in large group environments (conferences, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to new technology as needed
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Excited to support the vision of Rosebud Theatre & School of the Arts in the successful execution of strategies and goals
Application requirements: To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A resume(s) with both relevant and potentially related experience
2. A cover letter including reasons why this position may be a good fit for you
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 15 - 25 per week
Salary: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Schedule: Weekends as needed
All of our public spaces have upgraded ventilation systems including the installation of MERV 13 filters. Masks and hand sanitizer available. Rosebud Theatre will continue to monitor the state of COVID in the Province, and adapt our policies accordingly.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rosebud, AB T0J 2T0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-12-15