The Summer Village of Rochon Sands is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Office/Park Coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in supporting daily administrative tasks and coordinating activities for the Rochon Sands Municipal Office and the Rochon Sands Provincial Park and Narrows Provincial Recreation Area Campgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Summer Village of Rochon Sands Municipal Office
- Assist in handling incoming calls, emails, and inquiries.
- Manage cash receipts.
- Manage accounts receivable/Accounts payable.
- Maintain and organize office filing systems, both physical and digital.
- Order and manage office supplies inventory.
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced.
- Assist in the administration and distribution of tax notices.
- Ensure adherence to legislative requirements such as the Municipal Government Act, and the Summer Village bylaw and policies.
- Monitor social media and update website.
- Assist in organizing Council and Intermunicipal meetings.
- Deliver consistent, knowledgeable customer service in a professional, timely manner.
- Perform other related tasks and functions as assigned by the Chief Administrative Officer.
Provincial Park Campground/ Parks Office
- Responsible for performing daily administrative tasks for the Provincial Park Campground Office.
- Supervise summer student office staff
- Ensure that safety procedures and standards are followed by all personnel in relation to their job duties.
- Ensure that the Park office is operational and open reasonable hours for guest access.
- Manage the online campground reservation system.
- Prepare reports as required by CAO and Alberta Parks.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders for park-related activities.
- Ensure that camping fees in both parks are being collected.
- In coordination with Public Works Supervisor ensure that daily inspection of both the Rochon Sands Provincial Park and the Narrows Reaction Area are being done.
- In coordination with Public Works Supervisor ensure adequate portable water supply and firewood is available. This includes maintaining adequate garbage removal and sewer disposal.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalency required; additional relevant certifications are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Relevant experience in customer service, reception, office administration, and accounts payable/receivable.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s license with a favourable driving record.
- Prior related experience in a municipal setting or public sector is considered an asset.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Proficient in computer skills (MS Office) required.
- Experience with accounts payable/accounts receivable software.
- High level of interpersonal skills and a willingness to learn systems and new technology is required.
- Personal initiative, the ability to work independently, and as a team-player.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Full-time hours during the peak campground season. Off-season hours may be reduced. Negotiable.
- Monday to Friday – (some evenings and weekends required).
- Compensation: To be negotiated.
How To Apply:
- To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications to email@example.com
- Please include Office/Park Coordinator Application: in the subject line.
Closing Date: The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Summer Village of Rochon Sands
#1 Hall Street, Rochon Sands, AB T0C 3B0