If you're passionate about your community, adore making an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference, then we're looking for you! When you join our team, you’re joining an organization with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right. We work as one connected team, and value thinking big, acting local, taking charge, and making things easy.
We look for people who:
• Share our values
• Enjoy having honest conversations, about real things, as real people
• Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
• Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
• See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
• Are simply outstanding at what they do
• Provides exceptional member service that builds trust through responsive service and support to deliver what is right for every member, while balancing the interests of the credit union.
• Processes a variety of cash and non-cash member service transactions including deposits, withdrawals, payments, account updates, balances, money orders, credit card advances, calculations of foreign and domestic exchanges, cheque cashing, electronic funds transfers, and account closures.
• Pursues and generates sales referrals by proactively promoting CFCU products and services to members and potential members by analyzing their needs; clearly explains potential solutions and the benefits to the member; records all referrals and forwards to the appropriate internal personnel.
• Builds trust with members, resolves routine problems with member accounts and refers complex questions to the appropriate internal personnel.
• Applies policies and procedures in daily activities to meet safety, legal and privacy requirements.
• Accountable for area security and internal security audits.
• Educates and demonstrates to members how to use other service delivery channels such as digital and self-serve with the goal of making it easy.
• Provides support to other branch team members such as making outgoing calls to members, composing routine member correspondence and reports, completing compliance and/or audit activities, completing end-to-end processes related to ATM and night deposits, reconciling branch reports (dependent on branch location), etc.
• Assists with opening/closing duties such as balancing of branch daily transmittals, reconciling ATM and night deposit contents, and provides support in administering branch cash services with the associated risk management and control policies.
• Acts as joint custodian on specified combinations; rents, controls, and provides access to safety deposit boxes; maintains related records.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all credit union products and services in order to foster business development through service excellence and product knowledge.
• Promotes and participates in branch campaigns and initiatives.
• 1-year experience in a customer service or administration role.
• Sales experience an asset.
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Skills and Competencies:
• Good computer skills; able to pick up new and existing programs related to the job quickly.
• Good communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Ability to problem solve, organize and multi-task.
• Good customer service orientation.
• Attention to detail.
• Aptitude for numbers, with fast and accurate data entry skills.
• Good financial literacy.
• Good investigative skills for uncovering member needs.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online.We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted