Responsible for planning and prioritizing work, and the custodial supervision of a small inmate crew to perform construction and maintenance on the Town’s trail system, along with other locations as identified by the Town. The Supervisor will be responsible for providing orientation, direction and guidance while maintaining a safe, secure and respectful work environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in policing or corrections programs.
Hours per week: 40 hours – Monday to Friday
Pay Scale: This is an out-of-scope position
Benefits: As per the Town’s HR Policy
Required qualifications include:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in policing or correction services/programs
- Inmate Supervisor course required or ability to complete before hire
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible supervision experience
- Ability to provide a current and clear Criminal Records check.
- Ability to work with a minimum level of supervision
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Class 5 driver's licence
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate.
Experience and/or a background in policing or correction services preferred. Additional training education in human behaviours and/or leadership techniques, an asset.
Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found
A complete job description is available by contacting the HR Department for more information.
The Town of Drumheller is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace; all candidates who are authorized to work in Canada are welcome to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.