Borea provides a work environment that is vibrant, dynamic and challenging. At Borea, you will be surrounded by the green energy construction industry’s best engineers, project managers, tradespeople, technicians, executives and administrators. We are looking for the best and brightest, who share our passion for building renewable energy parks, and power the next generation of Canadians.
Borea builds teams focusing on the following values:
- Taking Care of Each Other
- Embrace Challenge
- Innovate for a Better Future
- Lead with Passion
- Commit to the Highest Quality Standards
Rooted in these values, its team gives the best of its talent and expertise and produces the expected results.
WHAT YOU'LL DO?
The HE Operator is a safety-minded worker that has construction industry experience and access to reliable transportation. The schedules are subject to variations depending on the project needs and delays. The ideal candidates are self starters willing to follow directions closely. The HE Operator can operate different types of machinery as: excavator, grader, bulldozer, loader, rock truck, roller-packer, telehandler, skid steer. (non-exhaustive list)
- Inspects equipment to ensure it is in safe operable condition and any servicing has been completed
- Operate heavy equipment in compliance with the company's operating safety policies and procedures
- Ensure company equipment and material is maintained, kept cleaned, and stored in a safe manner
- Properly reports any mechanical or safety problems with the equipment in accordance with company procedures
- Provide recommendations for maintaining and improving environmental performance
- Proactively communicate with foreman, superintendent and coworkers
- Complete required paperwork, reporting, and other documentation as required
WHAT YOU'LL BRING?
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Technical certifications/card/diploma required to operate heavy equipment according to the laws and regulations of the work location (corporate trainings sufficient for operating a roller-packer, telehandler and skid steer)
- 5 years of construction industry experience for the excavator and grader and 3 years of construction industry experience for the bulldozer, loader and rock truck
- Valid driver license
- Good physical condition and strength
- Comfort working in high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
- Ability to work in teams and communicate both verbally and written
- A keen eye to details and good decision-making skills
- Manage to handle emergency situations, work pressure and stress
Responsibilities, duties and requirements can vary according to the project needs.
WHY JOIN BOREA`S TEAM?
- Competitive salary
- Above industry standard vacation
- Group insurance (Health Management Account)
- Group RRSP with an employer contribution to a DPSP
- Monthly public transit subscription paid by the employer
- Subscription to a fitness center reimbursed 50% by the employer
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education offered throughout the year
- Young and dynamic environment
- Excellent career opportunities
Thank you for your interest in a career at Borea
Due to the volume of applications we receive, not all applicants will be contacted. Please note that we may consider your CV for other positions as they become available.
Borea is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly.