As an Environmental II, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks associated with intensive or specialized cleaning within a hospital or facility associated with industrial cleaning supplies and by using powered industrial equipment. Your typical duties may include operating industrial cleaning equipment for floor maintenance, thorough washing of ceilings and windows and emptying hazardous waste. You may also provide training/orientation to Environmental staff.
- Classification: Environmental II
- Union: AUPE GSS
- Unit and Program: Housekeeping
- Primary Location: Drumheller Health Centre
- Location Details: As Per Location
- Multi-Site: Not Applicable
- FTE: 0.00
- Posting End Date: 05-DEC-2023
- Employee Class: Casual/Relief
- Date Available: 15-DEC-2023
- Hours per Shift: Varies
- Length of Shift in weeks: Varies
- Shifts per cycle: Varies
- Shift Pattern: Days, Evenings, Weekends
- Days Off: Other
- Minimum Salary: $20.06
- Maximum Salary: $21.93
- Vehicle Requirement: Not Applicable
Completion of Grade 10 or equivalent. Knowledge and operation of a computer including Microsoft Office. Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and perform repetitive movements for the duration of your shift. Physically capable to lift, push and pull up to 30 lbs of force.
Additional Required Qualifications:
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, able to follow oral and written instruction. Basic knowledge and operation of a computer and a smart phone. Must be dependable and able to work with minimal supervision.
Previous cleaning experience preferred. Experience performing cleaning duties in a healthcare environment would be an asset.