About ACAA The Association of Communities Against Abuse (“ACAA”) is the primary sexual abuse and sexual assault service provider in the East Central Region of Alberta, delivering specialized counselling, crisis services and education. For over 30 years, ACAA has offered leadership, expertise and compassionate services to lessen the impact of trauma, and to support the health and wellbeing of the entire community. ACAA offices are located in Camrose, Stettler and Drumheller.
What We Require: Flexible part-time or full-time Educators who can deliver training and education through a blend of online and in-person delivery methods in part of the region. Creativity, compassion and innovation will contribute to the value of this program. ACAA will consider applications for either an employee or a contractor relationship.
The Role: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Education Facilitator is responsible for the development and facilitation of education programs to students (K-post-secondary), parents, professionals and community members. Education programs include information about sexualized violence, healthy relationships, responding to disclosures, and psycho-education for survivors and those who support them. You do not need to live within the region but have the capacity to travel or provide online education.
· Promote and raise awareness of ACAA programs and services.
· Identify and respond to specific education needs within the region.
· Develop and maintain respectful, cooperative working relationships with School Divisions and other service providers.
· Review, develop, deliver and participate in the evaluation of education and training programs.
· Provide assistance with funding applications and reports as needed.
· Adhere to the vision, mission and mandate of ACAA.
· Develop and maintain respectful, cooperative working relationships.
· Post-secondary degree in social work, psychology, or related field.
· Experience developing and facilitating education programs.
· Knowledge with the education system, sexual violence, and/or domestic violence is a definite asset.
· Experience receiving disclosures of abuse, including sexual abuse and assault.
· Possess an anti-oppressive and feminist analysis of sexual violence.
· Ability to travel within part of the region (services are provided within East Central Alberta, including the communities of Camrose, Stettler, Drumheller, Hanna, Castor, Coronation and surrounding areas).
· Must own, properly register, and insure your own vehicle.
· Possess a valid Alberta Class 5 driver's license.
· Satisfactory professional and criminal reference checks.
· Occasional evenings and weekends.
· Community Engagement Occupations: 1 year (preferred)
· Class 5 Licence (preferred)