Full Job Description
Accountability: Reports directly to the Executive Director.
Position: Full-time salary, starting immediately.
Hours: Monday - Friday (Some weekend and evening work will be required).
Location: On-site in Rosebud, Alberta.
Join a team of dedicated professionals who are passionate about great theatre, training young artists and enriching people’s lives.
Rosebud Theatre & School of the Arts (RTSA) is looking for a highly skilled individual who has leadership skills, is a team player, knows how to engage in sales and has a vision to develop Rosebud Theatre’s group sales. Working closely with the Marketing & Communications Manager, the Box Office Manager will research and expand group relations and create new pathways for groups to engage with Rosebud. They will also work closely with the Executive Director to expand and develop effective donor relations and campaigns. They will ensure the Box Office is managed smoothly and efficiently and will contribute to the attainment of Rosebud’s overall audience and fundraising targets.
The ideal candidate is a friendly, authentic and innovative professional with a passion to connect and cultivate growth and engagement. They know how to inspire a team of front-facing personnel, possess great customer service skills and have the ability to master Rosebud’s ticketing software (Theatre Manager). They have a passion for the performing arts and a desire to engage personally with the public. They are a leader, are community-minded and able to inspire their colleagues to bring their best self to their work. They understand Rosebud’s unique brand and can contribute to embodying that vision forward in all communication with the public.
The Box Office Manager will also be an integral part of the development team, involved in donor management and mining critical data from Rosebud’s database.
The Box Office Manager will report regularly at Management Meetings and is a member of the Marketing Team. This position is salaried and comes with a benefit package.
- To provide leadership and support for RTSA’s box office, development, and group sales initiatives
- To ensure that box office related customer service standards are excellent
- To be an active and integral member of the Marketing & Communications Team
- To create, coordinate and effectively implement the RTSA’s group sales plan
- To support development initiatives with data-driven support from Rosebud’s database
- Smooth and efficient running of RTSA’s box office
- Increased group attendance at RTSA’s performances, concerts, and events, that will meet or exceed targets
- RTSA shows, concerts, events, etc., are well represented to all who engage with the box office
- Rosebud patrons feel respected, cared for, and heard when interacting with the box office
- RTSA’s patron and donor base is well managed and mined to maximize engagement
- Post-secondary education, related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated strong organizational and leadership skills
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and administrative skills
- Exceptional ability to master ticketing software (Theatre Manager)
- High comfort level with MS Office (Excel, etc.)
- Strong networking and sales skills
- Aptitude for engaging with customers in a patient, positive manner in keeping with Rosebud’s mission and brand
- Donor and patron database management is an asset
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to new technology and learn new systems quickly
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Excited to support the vision of Rosebud Theatre & School of the Arts in the successful execution of strategies and goals
Application requirements: To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A resume(s) with both relevant and potentially related experience
2. A cover letter including reasons why this position may be a good fit for you
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
All of our public spaces have upgraded ventilation systems including the installation of MERV 13 filters. Masks and hand sanitizer available. Rosebud Theatre will continue to monitor the state of COVID in the Province, and adapt our policies accordingly.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rosebud, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-12-15