• Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
• Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
• Works closely with Program Coordinator and Project Manager to ensure smooth operations for programs.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results.
• Makes arrangements for food services and other logistics in the carrying out of project or event activities.
• Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
• Competence with MS Excel and common accounting software
• Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions
• Manage chequing accounts for Badlands Community College and the Drumheller Youth Project
• Follow the policies for invoice handling, cheque issuance and signatory compliance
• Update and maintain the general ledger
• Reconciliation of entries into the accounting system
• Recording of debits and credits
• Maintain the trial balance, by a reconciliation of general ledgers
• Account reconciliation to assert the accuracy of transactions
• Provide budget detail to Program Coordinator and Project Manager for submission to the Federal government per Quarterly Report requirements
• You will be working for the Drumheller Youth Development Program (a program funded by the Government of Canada under the Canada Service Corps)
• This position is part-time at approximately 15 hours per week
• The workplace facility is the Badlands Community College (as well as virtual from home)
• Rate of Pay: $18/hr. under contract initially
• Start Date: September 27, 2021
• Pay Period: every two weeks (with submission of invoice)
• Benefits include mileage @ $0.49.5/km. while performing duties for the Drumheller Youth Project